“When Feist told the sold-out crowd at the Lincoln Theatre that “it’s been a while, D.C.,” it wasn’t just because her tours haven’t come through the DMV lately. While it has been five years since she performed in the area, and 10 since she played D.C. proper, her absence hasn’t just been physical: Until the release of “Pleasure” earlier this year, it had been nearly six years since fans had held or heard a new album by Leslie Feist.”
Listen to Postcultural
- Juana reconnected with her old friend techno, and the relationship’s thriving
- At the 9:30 Club, Noname proved she can out-rap most rappers — even when she’s sick
- Teen-boy angst, toxic misogyny litter Juice WRLD’s Echostage set
- Rapper Father spit in a fan’s mouth at Songbyrd. She raised her arms in celebration.
- Even a stripped-down Nine Inch Nails concert is still an extra-sensory marvel
- Flash of the Spirit festival hopes you give world music a chance
- JPEGMAFIA screams out love (and provocation) to fans at Songbyrd
- When he’s not playing the victim, a Drake concert is a wonder to behold
- Stronger Sex is embarking on a fantastical voyage
- The women wrestlers of WWE have created a movement. Is it built to last?