“At one point on Friday night, Kendrick Lamar beseeched the crowd at Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, Va., to “live in the moment.” Lamar probably hasn’t had many Zen moments recently: On Wednesday, he took a break from touring to accept the Pulitzer Prize for music, the first nonclassical, non-jazz artist to do so; and then he was back on the road, headlining the “Championship Tour” with his Top Dawg Entertainment label mates.”
Listen to Postcultural
- Juana reconnected with her old friend techno, and the relationship’s thriving
- At the 9:30 Club, Noname proved she can out-rap most rappers — even when she’s sick
- Teen-boy angst, toxic misogyny litter Juice WRLD’s Echostage set
- Rapper Father spit in a fan’s mouth at Songbyrd. She raised her arms in celebration.
- Even a stripped-down Nine Inch Nails concert is still an extra-sensory marvel
- Flash of the Spirit festival hopes you give world music a chance
- JPEGMAFIA screams out love (and provocation) to fans at Songbyrd
- When he’s not playing the victim, a Drake concert is a wonder to behold
- Stronger Sex is embarking on a fantastical voyage
- The women wrestlers of WWE have created a movement. Is it built to last?