“In 1990, 2 Live Crew fought the powers that were with “Banned in the U.S.A.,” a Springsteen-sampling paean to the First Amendment. Nearly three decades later, fellow Floridian rapper Bhad Bhabie paid tribute to Luther Campbell and company — whether she knew it or not — with her Bhanned in the U.S.A. Tour, stopping at College Park’s MilkBoy ArtHouse on Tuesday night.”
Listen to Postcultural
- At the 9:30 Club, Noname proved she can out-rap most rappers — even when she’s sick
- Teen-boy angst, toxic misogyny litter Juice WRLD’s Echostage set
- Rapper Father spit in a fan’s mouth at Songbyrd. She raised her arms in celebration.
- Even a stripped-down Nine Inch Nails concert is still an extra-sensory marvel
- Flash of the Spirit festival hopes you give world music a chance
- JPEGMAFIA screams out love (and provocation) to fans at Songbyrd
- When he’s not playing the victim, a Drake concert is a wonder to behold
- Stronger Sex is embarking on a fantastical voyage
- The women wrestlers of WWE have created a movement. Is it built to last?
- Rico Nasty’s homecoming celebration shows a rapper on the verge of stardom