Pig-centric food fight Cochon 555 is no stranger to controversy. Last year, the nose-to-tail cooking competition received flak for a racially-insensitive incident at an Asian speakeasy-themed event in Atlanta. This year, some were perturbed that all five of the chefs competing at the District event were exclusively white men.
Listen to Postcultural
- The beautiful community of Near Northeast, the band
- Three up-and-coming female rappers show their talent — briefly — at Fillmore Silver Spring
- After years sharpening his craft, Olumide is using the crowd as his energy catalyst
- Stars collide — literally — in William Basinski’s newest musical composition
- At the Fillmore, Nao demonstrated the power of her celestial voice
- Juana reconnected with her old friend techno, and the relationship’s thriving
- At the 9:30 Club, Noname proved she can out-rap most rappers — even when she’s sick
- Teen-boy angst, toxic misogyny litter Juice WRLD’s Echostage set
- Rapper Father spit in a fan’s mouth at Songbyrd. She raised her arms in celebration.
- Even a stripped-down Nine Inch Nails concert is still an extra-sensory marvel