“Last month, Abhi//Dijon tweeted, “we are r & b to the core and will wear that label if people need it but trust we intend on turning the genre and everything else inside out.” It was a bold, confrontational statement from the duo, which is comprised of Ellicott City-raised, Los Angeles-based musicians Abhi Raju and Dijon Duenas. But with the release of their latest EP, Montana, it definitely reads as a mission statement.”
Listen to Postcultural
- At the 9:30 Club, Noname proved she can out-rap most rappers — even when she’s sick
- Teen-boy angst, toxic misogyny litter Juice WRLD’s Echostage set
- Rapper Father spit in a fan’s mouth at Songbyrd. She raised her arms in celebration.
- Even a stripped-down Nine Inch Nails concert is still an extra-sensory marvel
- Flash of the Spirit festival hopes you give world music a chance
- JPEGMAFIA screams out love (and provocation) to fans at Songbyrd
- When he’s not playing the victim, a Drake concert is a wonder to behold
- Stronger Sex is embarking on a fantastical voyage
- The women wrestlers of WWE have created a movement. Is it built to last?
- Rico Nasty’s homecoming celebration shows a rapper on the verge of stardom